Avocado Cilantro Mayo
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 1 avocado, whole, organic, pitted and peeled
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro leaves
- Blend all ingredients together in a food processor until very smooth and minimal to no lumps remain.
- Transfer to a jar and keep in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
Not only do avocados provide a substantial does of carotenoids (those lovely antioxidants we have been discussing), but because of their (healthy) fat supply, they also promote the absorption of those carotenoids and additionally have been shown to assist conversion of those carotenoids to retinols and vitamin A in the body—one-stop shopping right there! Avocados’ healthy fats have also been shown to improve LDL levels in the body and lower levels of oxidative stress—that’s the imbalance in levels of bad to you body’s ability to cope—essentially, avocados improve and promote the ability of free radicals to attack the junk. This recipe is a fabulous option for a dairy-free, vegan condiment replacement, but it is also a great decision for all of us trying to squeeze in the nutrients wherever we can, and it takes no time at all.