Total Time: 30 minutes
- 4 ounces pancetta, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1½ pounds brussels sprouts, trimmed and cut in half through the core
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 sea salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- In a large skillet cook pancetta until slightly browned.
- Add brussels sprouts to pancetta. Drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook until brussels sprouts are tender and nicely browned, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Toss and serve!
I've always wondered why TV shows pick brussels sprouts as the dreaded vegetable that every kid loves to hate... because I've always adored them! They are seriously one of my favorite vegetables... but maybe that's because I've always known how to prepare and dress them right 🙂 I'm sure that if I had to eat boiled, bland brussels sprouts, I would probably end up sneaking them under the table for the dog to eat. So here's to cooking these little guys with a serious yum factor like pancetta!
Brussels sprouts are also very healthy for you as you might have already assumed. They are a wonderful source of free-radical fighting antioxidants as well as a whole number of vitamins and minerals including vitamin C, vitamin K, folate, potassium and copper. This impressive cruciferous vegetable also contains a whole load of fiber and helps to ward-off a number of health issues like heart disease and chronic inflammation.