Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 cup quinoa
- 4 cups coconut milk, divided
- 3 banana, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- 1/4 cup walnuts, or pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup blueberries
1. The night before soak quinoa in 1.5 cups water overnight.
2. In an upright blender blend together 2 cups coconut milk, eggs, vanilla, and salt with 2 ripe bananas. Pour into large saucepan and stir in quinoa. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and cook for 15 minutes or until most of the liquid has been absorbed, stirring every few minutes.
3. To serve: Dish out quinoa porridge into 4 bowls, add 1/2 cup coconut milk to each bowl, 1/4 of the remaining banana sliced, blueberries, and a tablespoon of the chopped nuts. If you like things sweet, feel free to drizzle each bowl with a teaspoon of honey or dark maple syrup.