Total Time: 15 minutes, plus soaking time
- 4 medium beets, peeled and grated
- 2 large carrots, grated
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds, soaked overnight
- 1/4 cup pecans, soaked overnight and chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 sea salt and pepper
Add all ingredients in a medium-sized bowl and toss to combine.
Detox salad! Beets are warriors going to battle for the body in ridding the liver of harmful invaders in the form of nasty pollutants such as hydrogenated fats and additives. Ever had a hemorrhoid? Often a (very obvious and painful) side effect of a clogged liver, hemorrhoids can be calmed and even prevented through ingestion of beets (and other root vegetables such as carrots). They also contain phytonutrients that further spur that detox support as well as act as antioxidants, fending off the action of free radicals.