Braised Mahi Mahi with Tomato and Herbs
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 8 5oz mahi mahi, skinned and filleted
- 1 unrefined sea salt
- 1 ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, unrefined extra virgin
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup fresh herbs, such as parsley, cilantro, dill and chives
- 1 bay leaf, dried
1. Wash the fish then pat dry and season with salt and pepper. In a large Skillet, sear the fish over medium heat until browned on both sides. Remove fish from pan and set aside. Cover fish loosely with foil.
2. Add the onion and garlic to the pan, stirring often, until soft and translucent. Add the tomatoes, herbs and the bay leaf, then simmer for about 5 minutes. Add the fish then cover and cook over a gentle heat for 5 minutes, or until just cooked. Serve on a platter garnished with fresh herbs.