Makes: 10-12 (1/2 cup) servings
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 medium orange bell pepper
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper
- 2 cloves
- 2 15.5oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- To Taste unrefined sea salt
- To Taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, unrefined extra virgin
- 4 medium eggs
- 1/4 cup , chopped
1. Heat butter in a medium non-stick skillet over medium high heat until melted. Add onions, peppers, and garlic and cook, stirring, until soft, about 4 minutes. Add beans, and stir to combine. Bring to a simmer and season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and keep warm.
2. While beans cook, heat olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat and add eggs, season with salt and pepper, and cook until whites are set but yolks are still runny.
3. Place ½ cup of beans on each plate and then top beans with 1-2 eggs per person. Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve!