Brown Rice Breakfast Bowl
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 13.5 ounce can(s) coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons dark maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons Hazelnut butter
- 4 medjool dates, seeded and chopped
- 2 medium apples, cored and chopped
- 4 cups brown rice, cooked
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
1. In a medium saucepan set over medium-low heat, combine coconut milk, maple syrup, hazelnut butter, dates, and apple. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally to prevent burning and ensure that everything is well combined. Reduce heat to low and cook for about 5 minutes, until dates and apple have softened.
2. Add cooked brown rice and nutmeg, stirring until all the ingredients are fully combined. Continue cooking for about 5 minutes, until rice is warm and soft. Serve immediately.