Brown Rice Milk
Makes: 6 cups
- 1 cup brown basmati rice
- 6 cups water, fresh, filtered
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 medium medjool dates, pitted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Soak 1 cup of brown rice in 2 cups water and lemon for 24 hours. Strain and rinse.
2. Place the soaked rice into a blender and add 4 cups of fresh, filtered water, dates, vanilla, and cinnamon. Blend for 1-2 minutes
3. Strain the blended rice and water using either a fine mesh strainer. You will need to stir the rice milk while you strain by stirring the liquid around with a spoon, scraping the bottom of the strainer. Pour the strained rice milk into a glass container with a lid and refrigerate.
Avoid heating rice milk on the stove; it will thicken like pudding!