Total Time: 60 minutes
- 3 cups chicken bone broth, organic
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup wild rice, soaked, rinsed, and strained
- 1/2 sweet onion, chopped
- 2 apples, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup pecans, halved
1. Bring chicken broth, Dijon, and 1 tablespoon butter to a boil in a large saucepan. Add rice, cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 45 minutes, or until rice is tender and almost all of the liquid has been absorbed, stirring occasionally and replacing lid. Add additional water if rice has absorbed all the liquid and is still not done cooking.
2. In a separate large skillet, add 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add onions and apples and saute for 7 minutes, or until onions and apples are tender. Add onions and apples to saucepan with the rice along with cranberries and pecans. Toss to evenly combine. Serve!
This makes an amazing breakfast bowl, or side dish to chicken or pork chops!