Cantaloupe with Prosciutto and Arugula
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon shallots, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 unrefined sea salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil, unrefined extra virgin
- 8 ounces arugula, fresh, rinsed and spun dry
- 1 medium cantaloupe, halved, seeded, peeled and cut into thin wedges
- 8 prosciutto, thin slices, torn into bite-size pieces
- In a mixing bowl, combine vinegar, shallot, garlic, mustard, salt, and pepper and whisk to combine. While continuously whisking, add the oil in a slow, steady stream until completely incorporated.
- In a large bowl, combine the arugula and ¼ cup of the vinaigrette; toss to combine.
- Arrange the cantaloupe wedges on a large serving plate, fold the prosciutto and place on top of the cantaloupe. Top with the arugula, or serve on the side. Serve immediately.
Cantaloupe is full of disease-fighting antioxidants and phytonutrients. It has high levels of vitamin A, which promotes healthy hair skin and nails. It also has a large amount of vitamin C, which boosts immunity and supports cellular health. Arugula is a zesty green that is full of antioxidants and stimulates digestion because of its bitterness. The delicate prosciutto tops off this bold combination with a light dose of fat and protein.
Cantaloupe with Prosciutto and Arugula is a super tasty merging of sweet and salty with a touch of spiciness!