Total Time: 50 minutes
- 5 tablespoons grass-fed butter
- 1 pound fresh chanterelles, cleaned, stemmed and sliced
- 1 large yellow onion, diced small
- 2 sage leaves, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 1 tablespoon
- 1 cup white wine
- 6 cups chicken bone broth, organic
- 1 sea salt and pepper
- Bring chicken stock to a simmer in a sauce pot over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low.
- In large skillet melt 3 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add chanterelles and season with salt and pepper. Sauté until brown and tender.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter, onions, sage, and thyme. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until translucent, about 8 minutes. Add garlic, and cook for an additional minute.
- Add rice, stirring constantly, until rice is toasted evenly, about 4 minutes. Add wine. Cook, stirring frequently, until most of liquid is absorbed. Repeat process with chicken stock, adding 1 cup at a time. Cook until rice is tender. Serve immediately.
Health Benefits of Chanterelle Risotto
Chanterelle mushrooms have a surprisingly substantial amount of protein. They are also a great source of B vitamins, as well as potassium, zinc and copper. Mushrooms are also known to have powerful anti-inflammatory and immune stimulating properties. The addition of antimicrobial garlic in this chanterelle risotto amplifies those affects!