Total Time: 2 hours 35 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 medium yellow onions, chopped
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup dry red wine, optional
- 2 28 oz can diced organic tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 12oz tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2½ teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoons dried kelp
- 12 drops tabasco sauce
- 2 15oz can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 10oz bag frozen organic corn, sweet
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook green pepper and onion, until softened. Add the ground beef and cook until browned. Stir in wine, chopped tomatoes, garlic, and tomato paste.
- Season with paprika, chili powder, cayenne pepper, oregano, and parsley. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to medium low. Cover, and simmer for 90 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in tabasco, kidney beans, and corn. Continue to simmer for an additional 30 minutes. Serve!
Health Benefits of Chili Con Carne
Chili con Carne is a hearty meal with lots to offer, apart from big flavor! The beef and kidney beefs provide a healthy dose of protein. Tomatoes serve up lycopene which helps to balance blood sugar, detoxify the body and reduce inflammation. And did you know that the lycopene in tomatoes becomes more readily available to our bodies when the tomatoes are cooked? Pretty interesting! The spicy herbs in this stew also help to stimulate our metabolisms and increase circulation.
Adding kelp increases the beans digestibility and decreases gas!
This chili is especially delicious when paired with our super yummy skillet cornbread!