Chocolate Pie with Macadamia Nut Crust and Strawberry Vanilla Compote
Preheat oven to 350⁰F
1. Place macadamia nuts, almond flour, coconut, and salt into a food processor and pulse until a fine crumb forms. The dough should stick together when pressed between your fingers, but not be so finely pulsed it turns to nut butter.
2. Press dough mixture gently into a 9-inch nonstick pie dish. If using a glass pie dish coat lightly with coconut oil. Bake pie crust, uncovered for 10-15 minutes, until lightly golden and fragrant. Remove from oven and set aside to cool on a rack for about 20 minutes.
3. For the filling: Chill cans of coconut milk in the freezer for 30 minutes so the cream can solidify. Open the can and carefully scoop out the solid white coconut cream into a medium saucepan. Save coconut water for another use. Heat over medium heat. Add chocolate and stir until combined and the chocolate has melted. Remove from heat and let cool slightly. In an upright blender add the dates, avocado, salt, and vanilla. Pour chocolate mixture into blender and blend with avocado mixture until smooth and creamy.
4. Assembly: Pour chocolate filling into pie crust and using a spatula, gently disperse the filling evenly. Place pie in the freezer for a minimum of 2 hours, or until firm throughout.
5. For the strawberry compote: In a medium saucepan combine strawberries, vanilla, and cinnamon. Bring mixture to a simmer and cook the strawberries until soft.
Allow pie to sit on the counter for 15 minutes before attempting to slice.