Total Time: 20 minutes
- 6 anchovy fillets, packed in oil drained
- 1 tablespoon garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup
- 1 tablespoon
- 1/2 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- 1/4 cup walnut oil
- 3 head romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese, shaved (optional)
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 6 lemon, wedges
- 1 ground black pepper
1. Make the dressing: Combine anchovy fillets, garlic, egg yolks, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, and sea salt in a blender or food processor and blend. Drizzle in the walnut oil and continue to blend until dressing is smooth and creamy. Can be made 1 day ahead.
2. Tear the romaine leaves into bite sized pieces. Add Parmesan and cashews and gently toss. Top off with freshly ground black pepper and serve with a lemon wedge.
Optional: I love a few anchovies on top of my Caesar to give it a salty fishy twang, if you enjoy this also go for it!