Coconut Rice Pudding
Total Time: 50 Minutes
- 1/2 cup brown rice
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Place rice, water, and lemon in a glass bowl and soak overnight or for 24 hours.
2. Drain and rinse rice. Place rice in a medium pot with 1 cup water. Bring rice to boil, turn down heat and simmer 35 minutes or until water is absorbed and rice is almost tender.
2. Add cinnamon, coconut milk, and vanilla. Simmer 5-10 minutes until liquid is absorbed and you have reached your desired consistency. Serve with a dusting of cinnamon.
*You can double or triple this recipe to make a large batch you can enjoy for breakfast all week.