Makes: 24 mushrooms
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 24 mushrooms, fresh organic
- 3 tablespoons green onions, minced
- 1 teaspoon
- 1 cup crabmeat, cooked, diced
- 3 medium eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/3 cup red pepper, organic, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a cookie sheet with 2 tbsp butter. Remove stems from mushrooms. Set aside caps. Finely chop stems.
- Melt the other 2 tablespoons of butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the chopped stems and green onions and cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat. Stir in lemon juice, crab meat, eggs and parsley. Thoroughly blend the mixture.
- Place mushroom caps on the cookie sheet cavity side up. Stuff cavities generously with the green onion and crab meat mixture. Bake uncovered for 15 to 20 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Garnish with chives or green onions. Serve warm.
Mushrooms are amazing for the immune system! They are known for their ability to even increase the efficacy of chemotherapy. They are also a source of the trace minerals selenium, copper and zinc. These are small, but essential nutrients that can affect significant change in your body. And unlike a multivitamin, the trace nutrients found in mushrooms come from plant-based compounds known as phytochemicals, also referred to as antioxidants which are powerful players in the prevention of cancer.
Crab is a great source of protein, healthy fats and has a large amount of trace minerals as well!