Cranberry Sauce With Apples And Raisins
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar, unrefined
- 1 fresh organic cranberries, 12 ounces
- 1 large apple, peeled, cored, diced
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
1. In a medium saucepan, boil water and sugar until the sugar dissolves. Reduce the heat to simmer, and stir in cranberries, apple, raisins, pecans, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Cover, and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the cranberries burst. Remove from heat, and let cool to room temperature.
Not just for Thanksgiving this amazing little berry has an affinity for the kidneys and bladder. Making it a great addition to any meal if one needs to keep the urinary pipes clean. Cranberries prevent bacteria from adhering to the urinary tract wall, preventing infection. A must have for women everywhere!