Creamy Avocado Lime Vinaigrette
Makes: 3/4 cup
- 1 avocado, ripe
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Peel, seed, and dice avocado.
- Place in food processor with garlic, salt, lime juice, vinegar, and cilantro leaves.
- With the machine running, slowly drizzle in oil until a creamy emulsion forms. Refrigerate.
(Here is a link to an inexpensive food processor that is fabulous for making salad dressings quick and easy! Cuisinart Mini)
First of all, making your own salad dressing has major health benefits, purely because of the oil choice and sugar content. Take a look at any salad dressing at your grocery store and you’ll be sure to find not so healthy vegetable oils like canola or soybean as one of the first ingredients (if not the first). These commercial dressings are also typically loaded with extra sugar. Not in our salad dressings! We choose to use quality, heart healthy oils like avocado and never add in refined sugar. Our salad dressings are all Good Decisions!
The all-star in this creamy avocado lime vinaigrette is obviously the avocado which contains healthy monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats for a healthy heart and regulated blood pressure. Eating these types of fats on your salad also helps to boost your body’s absorption of the nutrients in the veggies!