Crispy Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
Total Time: 45 Minutes
- 24 stalks asparagus
- 3 slices bacon, nitrate free
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- to taste unrefined sea salt and freshly ground pepper
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
1. Place an oven-safe wire rack onto a cookie sheet. Trim the woody ends of the asparagus. Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with sage, salt and black pepper to taste.
2. Cut the bacon slices lengthwise to make long narrow strips. Then cut those strips in half. Wrap each bacon strip tightly around two asparagus stalks, only slightly overlapping the bacon on each stalk.
Place seam side down onto the wire rack. Bake for 15 minutes. Use tongs to turn over. Bake for 5 minutes more, until the bacon is almost crispy. Set the oven to broil, then place under the broiler for 2-3 minutes more to until bacon is crispy.
The secret to crispy bacon wrapped asparagus is to use the wire racks, which allow for more air flow around the bacon. The secret to fantastic flavor is the light dusting of sage.
Asparagus, an Aphrodisiac?
Did you know that this long, slender, easy to cook vegetable is as good for your love life as it is for your health? Read more about The Top 8 Reasons to Eat Asparagus