Curried Yam and Black Rice Bowls
Total Time: 45 minutes plus soaking time
- 3 cups black rice, cooked
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 2 medium garnet yams, diced into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 8oz coconut milk, canned
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons curry powder, yellow
- 2 teaspoons unrefined sea salt
- 1/2 cup cashews, roasted and crushed
- 2 radishes, (or 3), finely sliced
- 1/4 head red cabbage, shredded
- Soak 1.5 cups black rice overnight and drain. In a small pot, cover rice with 3 cups water, and bring to simmer with the lid off. Let simmer for approximately 20 minutes until rice is soft, yet toothsome.
- Meanwhile, in a large pan, sauté onion and yams in olive oil until onion turns translucent (about ten minutes). Add coconut milk, paprika, curry powder, and salt and cook, stirring constantly until yams are soft and mixture has thickened (about 20 minutes).
- In individual bowls, serve yam curry over black rice and top with cabbage, radishes, and cashews. Enjoy!