Total Time: 45 minutes
- 6 chicken thighs, skin-on, bone-in
- 2 tablespoons
- 2 tablespoon garlic salt
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Wash and pat chicken dry. Massage ghee into chicken, coating thighs well. Season generously with garlic salt.
- Place in oven and cook for 25 minutes.
- If thighs are not browned and crispy (Oven temperatures can vary) Turn on the broil setting and broil for 5 minutes or until chicken is crispy and golden brown.
- Transfer to a plate and let rest 5 minutes before serving.
EVERY time I serve this it gets rave reviews and I am asked to share the recipe. The secret ingredient is the garlic salt. Trust me on this. Not any old garlic salt will do, it has to be this garlic salt: Salt Sensations Garlic Salt. It really makes a world of difference. Another trick is to pat the chicken with paper towels until it is very dry. This helps the skin crisp up.
Chicken has an incredible amount of protein and is loaded with essential vitamins and minerals, especially B vitamins, which are helpful in preventing cataracts and boosting energy and immunity.
And don't forget to save the bones! When cooked in water for an extended period of time, they offer up a broth that is incredibly rich in collagen that will help to heal your gut and fortify you hair, skin, nails and joints. When you have a large amount of chicken bones or a carcass, toss it into a slow cooker and add celery, carrot, onions and a tablespoonful of apple cider vinegar (to help break down the bone minerals). Cover with water and cook on low for 12-18 hours. Strain out all ingredients.
Can be used in any soup or frozen for later!