Easy Gluten-Free Pan Gravy
- 1 tablespoon shallots, minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken stock, (or your turkey/chicken drippings)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 salt, to taste
- 1 ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 fresh lemon juice, a few drops
- Pour off all but 2 tablespoons of the cooking fat from your turkey or chicken drippings. (If there are any dark, non-fatty juices in the skillet or roasting pan leave them in there).
- Turn the heat under the pan to medium and add the shallot, wine and stock. Cook, stirring and scraping, until most of the wine has evaporated and the shallot is soft. When there is just less than 1/2 cup of liquid, turn off the heat.
- Add the butter, a little at a time, stirring well after each addition to incorporate it.
- Taste and season if necessary with salt, pepper, and lemon juice (or vinegar).
Health Benefits of Gluten-Free Pan Gravy
This pan gravy (also known as reduction gravy) uses the pan drippings after cooking the meat to add flavor to the gravy. It also does not utilize flour which can lead to a chalky and less flavorful gravy. This dish is rich in minerals, fat soluble vitamins A, D and E as well as conjugated linoleic acids which are great for the immune system and found in butter. Yes, butter has good qualities and is not the bad guy most people make it out to be!