- 1 rack of pork spareribs or baby back ribs, (approx. 5 pounds)
Dry Rub Ingredients
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup dark maple syrup
Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Ribs will cook for a total time of 4 hours.
1. Prepare the rack by removing the membrane from the back of the ribs and cutting away the extra flap of tough meat across the top. Line a baking pan with aluminum foil.
2. Brush ribs lightly with maple syrup. Sprinkle on a generous amount of the dry rub to both sides of the ribs.
3. Wrap ribs completely in foil and bake at 250 degrees F for 4 hours or until the meat begins to pull away from the bone.
Time Saving Tip: You can cook 4 racks at a time, and only take three of them through the first 3 hours of cooking. Remove three of the racks to cool while the fourth one finishes cooking for dinner. The cooled racks can then be wrapped in foil and placed in the freezer for another time. Simply defrost, and then continue cooking for the remaining 1 hour in the oven.