Fish Poached in Coconut with Lime Ginger and Cilantro
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 2 coconut milk, canned
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 fresh kaffir lime leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 lemongrass, stem, halved lengthwise, bruised
- 2 pounds white fish fillets, cut into large bite size pieces
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeño or red chili, seeded, thinly sliced
1. Combine coconut milk, fish sauce, lime leaves, lime juice, ginger, garlic and lemon grass in a large saucepan over a high heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 15 minutes or until liquid thickens slightly.
2. Reduce heat to low. Add the fish and simmer, covered, for 3 minutes or until just cooked through.
3. Use a slotted spoon to divide fish among 4 serving dishes. Spoon over some of the poaching liquid and top with cilantro, green onions, red onion, and jalapeño slivers. Serve.