Green Pea Salad
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 4 bacon strips
- 2 cups peas, fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup Jicama, shredded. (Parmesan may also be used if you tolerate cheese)
- 1/4 cup white onion, diced
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise, homemade
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves, chopped, optional
- 1 sea salt and pepper
- 1 cayenne pepper
Recipe for home made mayonnaise can be found here: Home Made Mayonnaise
- Cook the bacon, drain it and crumble it.
- Mix everything and let chill in the fridge for 30 minutes. Garnish with mint sprig.