- Slice veggies and set aside.
- In a sauce pan, bring about 6 cups of water to a boil. Add vermicelli noodles and simmer until soft, about 6-7 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Prepare peanut sauce by mixing peanut butter, honey, sesame oil, apple cider vinegar, and red pepper flakes together in a small bowl until combined.
- Pour hot water (hot, but not boiling) into a large skillet. Create a work station to make the rolls by using a wet, plastic cutting board with your thinly sliced vegetables nearby. Dip rice paper in hot water for 5-10 seconds until it becomes soft. Lay on cutting board and place desired amount of veggies, cilantro, and vermicelli noodles in center.
- Fold sides inward, rolling away from you. Make sure to roll tightly but not too tight or it will break. This can be a bit tricky to get the hang of!
- Enjoy immediately or save for lunch/snacks for the following day.
Health Benefits of Fresh Rolls
These rolls make for a super light lunch alternative or a nice mid-day snack. The veggies provide most of the nutrition of the rolls. Bell peppers are very high in immune-boosting vitamin C. The cucumbers are full of electrolytes and great for hydrating the body and calming inflammation. Carrots are high in skin healing vitamin A and other antioxidants. Cilantro is a powerful cleansing agent, especially for detoxifying the body of heavy metals.
These hand-held fresh rolls are a fun way to get your kids to eat healthful veggies (the peanut sauce makes them especially tasty) and they are also really easy to pack away in lunch boxes!
One thought on “Fresh Rolls with Soy-Free Peanut Sauce”
I was looking for a soy free version this was very good, I did not have sesame oil but I did have tahini so I used that , the honey was a bit to sweet for me , next time I will use slightly less but overall very good