Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 pound crab meat, fresh lump, gently picked through and shells removed
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon
- 1/2 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons , for frying
1. In a medium bowl, use a fork to combine crabmeat, garlic, green onion, and parsley. In a small bowel whisk together eggs, mustard, salt, thyme, cayenne pepper and almond flour. Add to crab mixture and stir with a fork to incorporate all ingredients.
2. Form into 8 ½-inch-thick cakes.
3. Heat ghee in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the crab cakes. Cook 4-5 minutes without moving, until you can see on the edges that the bottoms are browned. Very carefully lift each crab cake with a spatula and flip the cake. Cook an additional 4-5 minutes.
This recipe is wonderful topped with a dollop of our Lemon Aioli.