Green Goddess Salad
- 2 cups green leaf lettuce, torn
- 1 cup frisee lettuce, torn
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1/2 cup snow peas
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
Cucumber Vinaigrette Ingredients
- 1/4 cup orange champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup cucumber, pealed, seeded and minced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, unrefined extra virgin, (or walnut oil or flax seed oil)
- 1 unrefined sea salt
- 1 ground black pepper
- Whisk together vinegar, salt, mustard and cucumber until well combined and salt is dissolved. Whisk in oil, adding a little bit at a time. Refrigerate.
- Place lettuce in salad bowl and top with remaining ingredients. Sprinkle salad with sunflower seeds and serve with cucumber vinaigrette.
Health Benefits of the Green Goddess Salad
Frisee lettuce is slightly bitter which does a great job at stimulating digestion. The avocado contains important fats and also supports prostate and protects from certain cancers. It can also bring you up to par on your fluid-balancing potassium. The sunflower seeds are rich in essential fatty acids and essential amino acids, and are the perfect topping to this delightful salad worthy of the Goddesses!