Makes: 1 Gallon
- 12 apples, gala and granny smith, sliced
- 2 large oranges, peeled and quartered
- 1 lemon, peeled and quartered
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 4 teaspoons whole cloves
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cups dark maple syrup
1. Add apples, oranges, lemon, cinnamon sticks and whole cloves to a slow cooker and fill with water. Cover and simmer for at least 4 hours or until apples are super tender.
2. Use a potato masher to mash up all the ingredients. Cover and cook for another hour.
3. Strain mixture several times into a pitcher using a fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth until smooth. Stir in vanilla extra. Add maple syrup. Serve steaming hot or ice cold, garnished with a fresh cinnamon stick and chopped apples.
Refrigerate or freeze leftover cider.