Total Time: 10 minutes, plus soaking time overnight
- 1/3 pound pecorino cheese
- 1/3 pound parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1/3 pound gorgonzola cheese
- 1 pear, ripe, sliced
- 1 fennel bulb, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound red grapes
- 4 blood oranges, skins cleaned and dried
- 1 cup brandy
- 1 ounce fennel seeds, or anise seeds (To serve on site to chew on. This decreases gas and bloating and aids digestion.)
- Slice whole oranges into wedges and arrange them on a shallow dish. Douse the orange slices with brandy and let soak overnight.
- Arrange the 3 cheeses on a large platter. Slice pear and set it along side the Gorgonzola for spreading. Arrange the grapes in small clusters around the cheeses. Arrange the fennel slices near the Parmigiano and pecorino cheeses.
- Serve with spiked oranges.