Mandarin Orange Salad With Poppy Seed Dressing
Total Time: 25 minutes
Poppy Seed Dressing Ingredients
- 1/3 cup raw apple cider vinegar with mother
- 1/2 cup dark maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup walnut oil
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 10 cups romaine lettuce, torn
- 6 slices bacon, nitrate free
- 1/2 red onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 10oz can mandarin orange segments, drained
- 1/4 cup almonds, slivered, toasted
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- Place vinegar, maple syrup, red onion, dijon mustard, and salt into the bowl of a blender. Cover, and puree on high until smooth. Reduce blender speed to medium-low. Slowly pour in the walnut oil and blend until incorporated and the dressing is creamy. Stir in the poppy seeds and set aside.
- To serve, toss the romaine in a large bowl with the crumbled bacon, mandarin oranges, and enough dressing to moisten. Place onto salad plates and sprinkle with toasted almonds.
The apple cider vinegar in this dish is rich in enzymes, which contributes to healthy digestion. It also contains potassium and calcium, making it a natural remedy for conditions ranging from heart burn to bowel irregularity.
Give this tasty mandarin orange salad a try and see what you think!