Maple Sweet Poppy Seed Dressing
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dark maple syrup
- 1/2 cup red onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup olive oil, unrefined extra virgin
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
1. Place vinegar, maple syrup, red onion, mustard, and salt into a food processor. Cover, and puree on high until smooth. Reduce blender speed to medium-low; slowly pour in the olive and blend until incorporated and the dressing is creamy. Stir in the poppy seeds and serve.
The apple cider vinegar in this dish is great for stimulating digestion and waking up the taste buds prior to a big meal, or any meal for that matter. Serve this on a salad with bitter greens for the perfect pre-meal digestive boost.