Total Time: 45 minutes
- 6 bacon, nitrate free, slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound cremini mushrooms, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup marsala wine, optional
- 2 cups chicken bone broth, organic
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
1. Cook bacon in a large skillet until crispy. Remove bacon from pan and set aside. Remove all but 1 tablespoon bacon fat.
2. Add the olive oil, onions and garlic to skillet and sauté over medium heat until the onions are translucent. Crumble the bacon and add it to the skillet. Add mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Raise heat to medium high and saute until mushrooms are tender and all the liquid has evaporated. Pour in Marsala (if not using Marsala you can substitute this with chicken broth) and allow wine to evaporate, about 3 minutes. Add chicken broth and simmer for ½ hour or until the sauce has reduced and the liquid has evaporated once again. Remove the pan from heat and add the fresh herbs and mix thoroughly. Serve Immediately.