Pacific Northwest Oysters with a Champagne Mignonette
Total Time: 15 minutes, plus 1 hour chilling time
- 12 dozen Pacific oysters
- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar
- 2 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 1 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- 1 tablespoon chives, fresh, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon salmon roe
1. Place the vinegar, shallots and salt in a small bowl and whisk thoroughly. Chill for at least an hour.
2. Shuck the oysters being very careful not to cut yourself. Set oysters over a bed of rock salt, top with 3-6 salmon roe, and serve with the champagne mignonette on the side.