Total Time: 20 minutes
- 4 tablespoons butter, chilled and divided
- 1 unrefined sea salt
- 1 ground black pepper
- 4 5oz Filet Mignon, steaks
- 1/4 cup , minced
- 1 cup Cabernet Sauvignon
- 1 tablespoon
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
This lip smacking, tongue tickling piece of meat is a carnivores carnival!
1. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Season both sides of steaks with salt and generous amount of black pepper. Sear steak until nicely browned and flip. Cook to desired doneness, about 3-4 minutes per side for medium rare. Transfer steaks to a plate and tent with foil.
2. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in same skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots and rosemary; sauté 1 minute. Add wine, mustard; simmer until reduced to ¼ cup. Remove from heat and whisk in remaining 3 tablespoons butter. Spoon over steaks. Serve with steamed vegetables.