Total Time: 20 minutes
- 4 4-5oz opakapaka fillets, 1 inch thick (halibut or other whitefish may be used)
- To Taste unrefined sea salt
- To Taste ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 ounces macadamia nuts
- 1 cup , washed, stems removed
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- To Taste salt
- To Taste
- To Taste crushed red pepper, optional
Preheat oven to 425°F.
1. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Season fish fillets with salt and pepper. Cook until golden brown. Turn and put into hot oven for 10 minutes.
2. In a food processor, combine garlic, nuts, cilantro leaves, and olive oil. Pulse to make pesto. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Smear ¼ cup pesto onto a plate. Place fish on pesto and garnish with red pepper flakes.