- 1 bunch watercress
- 3 cups mixed salad greens
- 1/2 pound snap peas
- 1/2 pound snow peas, strings removed, peas sliced on the diagonal
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 stalk broccoli, thinly sliced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 pea sprouts, small package
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup
- to taste sea salt and pepper
- Tear lettuce and watercress into bite sized pieces.
- Shell the snap peas and discard the pods.
- Add the remaining ingredients and toss to combine.
Health Benefits of this Salad
This salad is greens galore— meaning that it is chock full of phytonutrients, antioxidants and chlorophyll which all help to dispel tonxins and fight off free radicals. The asparagus contains nutrients that also help to regulate blood sugar, maintain bone health, and reduce inflammation. Broccoli contains a high amount of vitamin C to boost the immune system and as a cruciferous vegetable, it helps to support the body's detoxification pathways. The snap and snow peas are also full of nutrients and minerals to support your health, such as B vitamins, phosphorus, manganese, magnesium and choline.
Overall, this salad provides a wealth of disease-fighting capability and in addition, the high fiber content aids digestion and keeps everything moving right along. The icing on the cake is that the olive oil in this salad also helps the body to absorb the nutrients that this multitude of veggies provides.
Such a nutrient-dense, cleansing and refreshing dish!