Pea Shoots With Garlic And Ginger
- 2 pounds pea shoots
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 2 medium garlic cloves, sliced
1. Wash pea shoots and trim any tough stems. Heat oil in a wok or large, heavy frying pan, over medium heat. Throw in ginger, garlic salt and pea shoots. Cook, moving constantly with tongs so that they cook evenly, 1 to 2 minutes, or just until thoroughly wilted. Serve immediately.
Notes: Pea shoots are available seasonally at farmers’ markets (generally February through early June) and at Asian markets under their Chinese name, dou miao.
This dish is rich in Vitamins A, C, and minerals calcium, magnesium and iron ….and this is just the beginning! Add garlic to this dish and your immune system will also get a boost. When included in the diet regularly this dish can help prevent heart disease, cancer, diabetes and more.