- 5 medium beets, chopped into small chunks
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar, unrefined
- 1 teaspoon
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1. Simmer beets in boiling water until tender. Combine the next 5 ingredients in small saucepan and bring to a boil. Add beets to syrup. Bring to a boil again. Serve hot or cold.
Betalains are pigments responsible for beets rich, red colors. Much like anthocyanins, (known for their anti-cancer properties) betalains are pigments that function as phytonutrients. These provide the body with antioxidant and detoxification support essential for us to win the fight against free radicals.
Decreased liver function, or a "congested" liver is linked to hemorrhoids. Yup, those irritating buggers in your bunghole may go away with the regular intake of beets and beet juice. Now at first they may relieve the symptoms, but don't stop there. Consistent intake of beets and other root vegetables such as carrot juice over a long period of time is what will get these buggers to go away long term.