- 1½ cups canned pumpkin
- 3 large eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- 1 ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup
- In a medium bowl combine the pumpkin, eggs, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat ghee in a heavy bottomed pan over medium high heat.
- Drop heaping tablespoonfuls of the batter into the ghee and fry until the fritters are golden brown. Fry in batches, cooking for about 2 minutes per side.
- Drain the fritters on paper towels and serve hot. Garnish with parsley or dill.
These pumpkin fritters provide a nice balance of fiber, protein and healthy fats. They are super versatile and can be eaten for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
Pumpkins are loaded with vitamin A, which is fabulous for eyesight and skin health. They are also chock-full of fiber, but low in calories, helping to keep you fuller, longer. Their saturated orange color is thanks to beta-carotene, which is a potent antioxidant. Beta carotene from food sources, as opposed to supplements, is also much more effective. It is fabulous for its anti-aging capabilities and for fighting off wrinkles. Pumpkins also contain more potassium than bananas, so they are a great post-workout choice and help to balance fluids in the body.