Roasted Baby White Potatoes With Mint
- 1 pound white potatoes, washed and cut in half
- 1 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Toss potatoes with salt and ghee. Place potatoes in oven and roast until golden brown, about 30 minutes, turning often to encourage even browning.
- Toss with mint leaves. Serve.
Health Benefits of Roasted Baby White Potatoes with Mint
This unassuming tuber has gotten a bad rap over the years. Many people avoid it because it is “white” and of course all white foods must be evil— like white flour, white rice etc. While most of those items do tend to be low in nutrients, the potato however is not. It has almost double the potassium of a banana and it it also contains a good amount of vitamin C, B vitamins and other minerals such as iron depending on the soil it comes from. While I would not place this food in our All-Star food list I would not avoid it either!
These roasted baby white potatoes with mint are a perfect accompaniment to any protein main course!