Total Time: 40 minutes
- 2 fennel bulb, (fronds reserved)
- 2 cups yellow onion, sliced
- 2 cups brussels sprouts, sliced
- 2 tablespoons , melted
- 2 teaspoons unrefined sea salt
- 1 ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons fennel bulb, (reserved part) for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Rinse the fennel bulbs and remove stem and fronds, reserving fronds. Quarter the bulbs lengthwise and remove tough center core, then slice.
- Place all vegetables into a large bowl, drizzle with ghee, add salt, pepper and toss to coat.
- Place mixture onto a large sheet pan and place in preheated oven. Roast the vegetables stirring occasionally for 30 minutes or until vegetables are softened and lightly browned. Remove from oven and place in serving bowl.
- Garnish with fennel fronds and serve.
Health Benefits of Roasted Fennel, Brussels Sprouts, & Onions
Fennel is known as a carminative herb and is absolutely fabulous for helping to reduce gas and bloating. It also contains significant amounts of potassium, vitamin C and vitamin B6. Brussels sprouts are incredibly rich in fiber, as well as the nutrients of vitamin C, vitamin K, folate, manganese, phosphorous and potassium. Onions contain chromium and sulfur that both help to regulate blood sugar.