Roasted Rainbow Carrots with Broccoli & Crushed Peppercorns
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 3 bunch baby rainbow carrots
- 1 cup broccoli, florets
- 1 red onion, peeled and quartered
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and cut in half
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 unrefined sea salt
- 1 crushed peppercorns
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Toss baby rainbow carrots, broccoli, garlic, onion, olive oil, salt, and pepper on a baking sheet; arrange in a single layer.
- Roast in oven, turning once, until tender and slightly browned, about 15 minutes.
- Top with fresh parsley and serve.
These roasted rainbow carrots are a rainbow of antioxidants! Not only do they supply us with beta carotene (vitamin A), as we know the typical orange ones do, but they also contain a bunch more such as anthocyanin, lycopene and lutein. Your eyes will love you for treating them so well after eating this yummy dish!