Total Time: 25 minutes
For Dressing Ingredients
- 1 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Tamari soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
For Salmon Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon
- 4 salmon fillets, skinless
- 8 cups romaine lettuce, tightly packed, torn
- 4 hard boiled egg, peeled and cut in half
- 8 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 cup cashews
1. Combine all of the dressing ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth and creamy. Refrigerate.
2. Heat the ghee in a large sauté pan over medium high heat. Salt and pepper the salmon to taste. Place salmon in pan and sear until nicely browned, then flip and cook to desired doneness. About 4 minutes on each side for medium rare. Transfer the salmon to a platter and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
3. Rinse and pat dry salmon. Toss lettuce with cashews and drizzle with dressing, just enough to coat the lettuce. Place on 4 serving plates. Top with fish, eggs, tomatoes and serve.
If dairy is not mucus promoting and your body does well with dairy, then Parmesan cheese may be added.
This is a much lighter version of your typical Caesar style dressing. It is a fantastic source of protein, with a tang that will stimulate digestion as well as your taste buds! The cayenne pepper works to break up mucus, and the oil in the salmon decreases inflammation, making this an ideal light and healthy dinner.