- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Brush acorn squash with 3 tablespoons olive oil and place face-down on parchment-lined baking sheet. Cover with foil and bake in oven for 45-60 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat rest of olive oil on medium heat and add onion. Caramelize onion, stirring constantly for around ten minutes until browned and translucent.
- Cut up sausage into bite sized pieces and cook until browned. Add kale, garlic, fresh herbs, salt, pepper, and veggie broth and cook for another few minutes until broth is incorporated and kale is wilted, but still a vibrant green color. Mix in walnuts.
- To serve, top squash with a few hefty spoonfuls of filling and heat in oven for 5-10 minutes.
- Top with extra walnuts and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Acorn squash is an excellent source of eye health enhancing vitamin A, as well as a number of B vitamins, vitamin C and fiber. Kale is absolutely chock full of nutrients such as folate, magnesium, potassium and vitamin E, as well as loads of phytonutrients and antioxidants. Walnuts are high in skin healing vitamin E as well as anti-inflammatory omega-3 fatty acids. To top of this hearty, nutrient-dense delight, sausage (whether pork or chicken) completes this meal with a nice dose of satisfying protein!