Total Time: 20 minutes
- 8 large eggs
- 8 ounces fresh chanterelles, cleaned and sliced lengthwise
- 2 bacon strips, cut into small lardons
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 unrefined sea salt
- 1 ground black pepper
1. Heat a medium sized non stick skillet over medium heat. Add the bacon and cook until fragrant and gently sizzling. Add the mushrooms and sauté until lightly browned. Remove bacon and mushrooms from the pan and cover to keep warm. Remove all of the fat from the pan except 1 tablespoon.
2. Break the eggs into a bowl; whisk them vigorously using a fork until the yolks and whites are just blended.
3. Return skillet to medium heat and add the butter. When butter has melted and begins to foam pour in the eggs and thyme. Using a spatula, stir the eggs from the bottom of the pan slowly but constantly. When eggs are almost done add the bacon and mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper. Serve.