Total Time: 35 minutes
- 4 3oz halibut steaks, each 1-1/2 inch thick
- 1 teaspoon ghee
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chicken bone broth, organic
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 15.5oz can cannellini beans
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tarragon, fresh
- to taste unrefined sea salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Rinse the beans. Heat olive oil over medium high heat in a large sauce pan and add onion. Cook until onion starts to brown. Stir in the broth, vinegar and lemon juice and simmer for 5 minutes. Add beans, lemon zest, parsley tarragon, salt and pepper. Combine ingredients to coat beans and set aside.
2. Pat the fish dry and season lightly with salt and pepper. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a large oven safe sauté pan heat the ghee over medium-high heat, place the halibut presentation side down (skin side up) into the pan and sear until nicely browned. Flip the halibut and place into preheated oven for 10-15 minutes. If it is a thick fillet, cook for 15 minutes if it is closer to an inch thick, only cook it for 10 minutes. Garnish with tarragon and serve
This recipe is one of my very favorites. I use the leftover beans for breakfasts, lunches and even snacks. This is the only recipe from my book; Good Decisions...Most of the Time, that I have shared on the website because it is so nutritious, delicious and versatile!