Seared Pork with a Cinnamon Ginger Sauce
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 pound pork tenderloins, cut into 8 crosswise pieces
- 1 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chicken bone broth, organic
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger root, peeled, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
1. Pat dry tenderloin medallions and sprinkle with salt.
2. Place large heavy skillet over medium heat and add butter. Sear each medallion until browned, about 3 minutes per side. Remove to a platter and keep warm.
3. In the same skillet over medium heat, Add chicken broth and stir, scraping up any browned bits, until the broth begins to reduce to half of its original volume. Add ginger, cinnamon and thyme. Gently simmer, stirring often, until reduced to about ¼ cup of sauce. Taste sauce, adding salt and pepper, if necessary.
4. Return seared pork tenderloins to the pan, turning to coat with the sauce, just until pork is heated through. Serve pork with the sauce on top and garnish with fresh thyme sprigs.