Seared Salmon With Sweet Potatoes & Cilantro
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 salmon fillets, center cut
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups spinach
- 1/4 cup pecans, roasted
- 4 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Peel and cut sweet potatoes into 1 inch cubes. Bring water to a boil and steam sweet potatoes until tender. Add butter, salt, pepper and blend with a hand blender until smooth. Add water if necessary to achieve desired smoothness. Cover to keep warm.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Sear salmon, presentation side down (skin side up), until nicely browned. Flip salmon and cook 5 minutes for medium rare, or longer until desired doneness.
- Place ½ cup of spinach on each plate. Top with ½ cup sweet potatoes and a salmon filet. Garnish each plate with cilantro and roasted pecans.
This seared salmon dish is rich in vitamin A from the sweet potatoes and healthful omega 3 fatty acids from the salmon. Add a bit of spinach to this dish and you have one fabulous recipe for younger looking skin!