Total Time: 35 minutes
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 medium minced shallots, minced
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 8oz clam juice, bottled
- 1 stick unsalted butter, cut into 1/2 inch pieces and chilled
- 1 cup baby spinach, packed
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 sea salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 16 large sea scallops
Succulent, savory, sensational seared sea scallops! Let's see Sally down by the sea shore say that!
1. In a medium non stick saucepan, heat 1 teaspoon of the olive oil. Add the shallots and cook over medium heat, stirring, until browned. Add the wine and thyme; simmer until reduced to ¼ cup. Add the clam juice and simmer again until reduced to ¼ cup. Reduce heat to low. Whisk in the butter, 4 pieces at a time, until the sauce is thickened and smooth; do not bring to a simmer or the sauce will separate. Remove from heat and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, toss the spinach with the lemon juice and the remaining olive oil; season with salt and pepper.
3. In a separate skillet, heat the ghee. Pat scallops dry and season with salt and pepper, add to the skillet and cook over medium high heat, turning once, until browned but barely cooked through, 2 minutes per side. (They will continue to cook when you remove them from heat)
4. Place ¼ cup spinach onto a plate, top with scallops and spoon the sauce on top. Serve!